Logging In & User Maintenance
You must log in to fBuilder for the first time using the username and
password you supplied during the installation process. Once logged in you
can add and delete users by clicking on the User Admin
link. Adding and deleting users is a stright forward process and can be
accomplished in the same mannor that you would add a new user in any GUI
If you have trouble logging into your fbuilder product, please check our FAQ's to solve common
Explanation of Options
In fBuilder, you will see menu choices on the left hand side of the interface. You can use
these menu items to navigate through the fBuilder interface. Below you will find a list of the
options and a brief description of what each does:
- Edit Firewall
- Firewall Wizard -- Brings you to the Firewall Wizard; a great place to start building
your firewall. The Wizard automates your firewall creation by asking you a few simple
questions and builds a secure firewall based on your choices.
- New Rule -- Allows you to add a rule into any chain. This rule will be appended to the
end of the chain specified
- Default Policy -- Allows you to set the default policies of the chains
- Setup Interfaces -- Lets fBuilder know which interface you are using as an internal,
external, or DMZ
- Install Firewall -- Installs the script that is located in fw-init
- Uninstall Firewall -- Sets policies to ACCEPT and flushes your chains.
- View Options
- View Firewall -- Allows you to view the firewall that is currently installed. Also allows
you to save the firewall, export the firewall to an rc.firewall script for use at boot time,
insert new rules in the chains, and edit/delete rules from the chains.
- View Script -- Shows the script that is located in fw-init.
- View Log -- Allows you to view your firewall messages based on time/date constraints.
- View Modules -- Shows the modules currently loaded on your system.
- User Administration
- Add User -- Allows you to add a user to the fBuilder system
- Delete User -- Allows you to delete a user from the fBuilder system
- Logout -- Deletes your session cookie and logs you off of the fBuilder system
- Fingerprint Files -- Fingerprinting a file in fBuilder will build a checksum of the
file fingerprinted. Once the file has been fingerprinted, fBuilder will know if the file
- Reporting -- Allows you to configure your fb-report.conf file. Once this file has been
configured, you can run fb-report as a cron job to send automated alerts if certain criteria
has been met
- Help -- Takes you to the documentation pages at innertek.com
- Home -- Takes you back to the start page of fBuilder